Friday, December 11, 2009

Ritual

I've decided to document my nightly ritual because I have nothing more productive to do.


Camellia Sinensis: My "friend" at the tea store wasn't kidding when he said this was good stuff. I asked for oolong, and he got a proud man's smile as he went back to the store and brought this out in an unmarked package.


Pour: Pour hot (just below boiling) water over the leaves. The familiar sound of the leaves rubbing against each other and the water pouring into the pot is comfort.


Cover: The sound of the lid clinking into place on a teapot is quiet and comfortable. This pot is one of my favorites because...


Wait: ... the tea looks lovely inside it. I need to use those tea blossoms, but I don't want to make them run out.


Fill: The sound of tea filling a cup is like none other. They might not come right out and say it, but those burbling coffee table pieces at the nature stores are so soothing because they sound so much like tea. It's true.


No comments: